Go Back

Visa Acquisition Attorney in Michigan, Detroit and Grand Rapids

United States Visa Acquisition

The Law Offices of Rathi and Associates are experienced and knowledgeable immigration and naturalization attorneys that can assist you in obtaining the correct visa for your visit to the United States. The visa application process is strict and constantly changing so you need an immigration attorney that stays on top of current events if you want to increase your odds of obtaining a visa successfully. Going it alone can be difficult and frustrating and making errors due to lack of experience and know-how can cause your visa application to be denied or delayed.

Obtaining a visa will allow you to enter and stay in the United States temporarily for work, school or tourism. There are a number of specific visas that you must select from in order to find the one that best fit your visitation needs. We will help to file a petition to initiate your visa request, and help you to complete a visa interview with the issuing authorities. Our immigration and visa lawyers will interview you to clarify your unique situation and help you to select the type of visa that is right for you.

K-1 Fiancé Visas
If you an American citizen and engaged or otherwise betrothed to a foriegner wishing to visit the United States, a Fiancé visa may be the way to go with the condition that you get married within 90-days of your fiance entering the country. Once married, your fiance can apply to become a naturalized citizen.

H-1B Visas
If you are employed by a US employer in a specialty occupation such as temporary religious workers, models, entertainers, investors, athletes, representatives of foreign media, or are an agricultural worker, you may apply for a H-1B Visa. This visa does not grant citizenship, lasts for 3 years and can be extended for another 3 years.

H-4 Visa
If you have entered the United States on an H-1B visa and with to bring members of your immediate family over to the US as well, they’ll need an H-4 visa. People who enter the country on this visa have limited rights, cannot be issued a Social Security number, nor can they be employed. They can, however, open a bank account and get a driver’s license.

Visitor Visa
A foreigner will need a Visitor’s Visa if they wish to enter the United States for work, tourism or both. Visitors visas require an application, proper documentation, and usually an interview to ensure that the foreign citizen meets any and all requirements for entering the United States. The duration of visitor visas varies based on the reason for the applicant’s stay.

TN Visa
Citizens of Canada and Mexico can enter the US on a TN visa. TN stands for “Treaty NAFTA”. As long as the employment meets NAFTA standards, citizens of the US, Canada, and Mexico can travel and work in the other’s country for up to three years at a time.

The Immigration and Visa Law Offices of Rathi and Associates are always there to help people from around the world successfully obtain the visa to visit the United States that is right for them. Experience counts and the 6 attorneys at our firm have a combined over 40-plus years of practical immigration experience under their belts. This experience and accumulate knowledge helps to make your visa application a successful one.

At The Law Offices of Rathi & Associates, we are always ready to help the residents of Michigan apply for and obtain visas for entry into the United States. We have years of experience in helping applicants secure visas for numerous reasons, be it personal or business. Our expert legal advice and years of experience can help you or your loved ones obtain the proper documentation needed to stay in the United States, legally and fairly.

Related Practice Areas: